Friday, April 28, 2006

Movie Fridays

In Early Development:
I spotted this graph in a Yahoo News story:

A new big-screen movie, apparently featuring the early adventures of Trek forefathers James T. Kirk and Spock, and boasting the handiwork of Lost creator J.J. Abrams, is being primed for a 2008 release.

Very interesting. While I've yet to sit down and watch the DVD seasons of Lost - I've only heard good things about their plotlines and show dynamics. In my opinion - if you nail these two criteria for Trek you'll have a great series. I'll keep an eye on this one. More info at StarTrek.com.


Upcoming Release:

X-Men 3 - The Last Stand. Check out the Official Site for the trailer. Back in the Fandom.com days I was following the release of the new movie very religiously. I'm hoping with a shift of directors (to Brett Ratner of Rush Hour fame) that they can still maintain the feel of the first two movies. It looks like they've at least put the right amount of money into the budget! For additional coverage of the movie I recommend CHUD.com.



This Weekend:

Predictions:


Big Winner: United 93 - Everyone is talking about it - Plus it's first to market after 9/11. I think America is ready for it.
Big Loser: RV - Robin Williams vs. cranky RV. Snore. 10 million tops.
Surprise Performer: Stick It - performs well with MTV crowd and dads volunteering to take kids to it.

Drop a comment below if you dig this subject matter!

Digg this

No comments: