Tuesday, October 02, 2007

Some Quick Links - Friends and Cousins Update Their Sites!

My friend Josh updates The Anti-Trend Trend:

Thanks to an adventurous group, our sail back was undertaken as a night sale. In watches (shifts), the crew started for Thompson island, just a few ours from Thunder Bay. Lucky for us the night also happened to by highly active with meteor showers, and filled with enough wind to make using the engine unnecessary for the crossing (~30 miles). At Thompson island we were greeted by a lovely cove. The area had been converted into a haven for boaters. There was a sauna, trails, scenic views and a playground. My favorite memory of Thompson island was running from the sauna to jump into Lake Superior. Again, I can’t imagine a much more idyllic scene.
My cuz Francis updates SuperFlewisTravels. Perhaps to be renamed SuperFlewisStudies now that she is in law school!

Another cousin of mine is traveling to Egypt!

My friends and I often joke about how we can no longer speak English. We struggle for basic words, our search for "humanitarian" results in "humanoidistic", "knife" becomes "tool use cut sandwich sharp" and so on. It's not that our Arabic has become phenomenal, or that I have taken to expressing myself in Egyptian poetry rather than bother with English prose. Quite the contrary, my Arabic is only plateauing while my English descends, placing me smack in the middle of linguistic no-man's-land. Instead of being content with this battlefront, today I decided to enter a new theatre of non-communication.
Check out Pauline's blog Marhaba!

Finally, one of Maria's posts made the front page of Digg today via her Green Options gig.

Shameless commerce: I just finished up the 2nd to last book of the Sword of Truth series by Terry Goodkind - check out the first in the series if you're looking for a good read.
Sword of Truth: Wizard's First Rule

----------------
Now playing: Justin Timberlake - Losing My Way
via FoxyTunes

Digg this

2 comments:

plucylew said...

yeh!!!! i am officially linked with coolness..thanks for the ad placement for your lil cuz! oh and CONGRATULATIONS!!! so excited for you! now you will have to forgive me for forgetting exactly what STL stands for, but i am having fun making things up...studly Target leader is the best one i got so far..too bad i can't fit "brown paper bag" somewhere in there....

Joram said...

woohoo P-deezy!

I'll stick with Studly Team Lead - sounds better than Store Team Lead to me ;)

BROWN PAPER BAG MONEY! (is there room for my lunch in the brown paper bag?)